How do I start my service?
If you are interested in becoming a customer of Metro Waste, please call one of our Customer Service Representatives at 210-807-8555, or fill out an online request form.
A Customer Service Representative will contact you to design a solution based on your needs.
Will my service be interrupted on the upcoming holiday?
Metro Waste trucks operate nearly every day. However, we do observe a few holidays throughout the year. We will be closed on New Years, Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
What are customer service business hours?
Our customer service hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. We are closed from 1pm to 1:30pm for lunch.
How do I add or remove services?
Please complete an online message form or call u at 210-807-8555. A Customer Service Representative will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
FAQ: Report A Problem
My pickup was missed today. How can I get the waste picked up?
Our trucks are scheduled to pick up every customer on the route on the scheduled day and if we miss one, we’re eager to correct the error. Please note that we do not have specific pickup times, only scheduled days. And if your scheduled pickup day fell on a holiday, your pick up might be scheduled for your next scheduled day. If you feel your pickup was missed, please call a Customer Service Representative at 210-807-8555 to reschedule.
My equipment needs repair. (Example: broken lid, wheel, etc.) How can I get it fixed? Is there a charge?
Typically, there is no charge to repair equipment damages caused by regular use. Please please send us an online message or call us and a Customer Service Representative will contact you to replace the equipment.
FAQ: Account Information (Billing)
When is my payment due?
Payments are due on the 1st of each month. Past due payments will be subject to a late fee.
Online Payments: Please make online payments by 12 pm two (2) business days before your service day to allow for your payment to be processed.
Mailed Payments: Please allow 5 to 7 business days to receive and post your payments.
If payment is not received by the 10th day from the due date shown on the invoice, the account will be placed on stop service. Past due accounts may be placed on interruption of service. No credits will be issued for missed services resulting from being placed on stop service for nonpayment. Trash/Recycle will be picked up the next normal scheduled collection day following payment. Terminated accounts must be paid in full plus an additional restart fee to resume services.
If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to call us 210.807.8555 during office hours, Monday – Friday from 8am – 4pm. We are closed from 1pm to 1:30pm for lunch.
How can I pay my bill online?
Go to the Pay My Bill section of this website to access online payment option, a free service. You’ll be able to set up automatic, recurring payments, or you can make a one-time payment using your checking account, savings account, or credit card. It’s all safe and secure.
To use this payment option, you will need your Account ID and your Access Code.
Find your “Access Code” printed on the bottom 1/3 of your MWS statement in the middle of the page.
If you do not have this access code, call customer service at 210-807-8555 to receive the access code.
Where can I find my Access Code to register for online BillPay?
The “access code” is printed on the bottom 1/3 of your MWS statement in the middle of the page. If you do not have this access code, call customer service to receive the access code.
Where should I mail my payments?
Metro Waste Systems
P.O. Box 830046
San Antonio, Texas 78283
FAQ: Trash Pickup, Yard Waste and Non-Serviceable Items
- Please bag all of your disposed household trash.
- No overflow allowed. Lid must close properly.
- Competitor containers will not be serviced.
- If your trash day falls on a holiday or inclement weather trash will only be serviced one day that week.
- Have your trash/recylce out by 6:00am to ensure pick-up
Yard Waste Limits for Pick-Up
Place alongside your trash next to trash cart.
• No more than 3 bags of leaves OR 4 tied up bundles of branches that are 3ft in length by 2ft in diameter.
• Grass, Leaves and Branches are NOT considered Recycle.
Non Serviceable Items Include
- Household hazardous materials including, but not limited to:
- motor oil/filters, antifreeze, gasoline, fluorescent tubes, chlorine bleach, cleaners, paint and paint products, batteries, poisons, spray cans, and automotive chemicals.
- Construction materials: sheetrock, concrete, roof shingles, tar, bricks and rocks.
- Other: dirt, commercial chemicals, explosives, ammunition, gas cylinders, and biological waste.
FAQ: Recycling Information
- All Recycling MUST be Loose (not bagged).Clean Plastic Bottles, Aluminum Cans, Paper (Not Junk Mail)Recycling collection varies by area regulations, municipal requirements and processing abilities. Click here to View our Recycle Guide. Learn more about general recycling practices on our “What’s Recyclable?”
View or download and print our recycle guide.
- No Yard Waste, Wood, Grass, Rocks, Sod
- No Plastic Bags
- No Pizza Boxes
- No Diapers
- No Stryofoam, Polystyrene, Packaging Peanutes, Bubble Wrap
- No Clothes
- No Food Containers or Food
- No Motor Oil
- No Appliances, Electronics, Batteries or Car Parts
- No Light Bulbs, Window Glass or Mirrors
- No Junk Mail that is Torn
- No Syringes or and Medical Waste