To celebrate our nation’s holidays and allow our employees time with their families, we will not provide service the holidays listed under “Holidays We Are Closed.” Please note, holidays may affect your regular pickup schedules. If your service day falls on or after an observed Metro Waste holiday, your service may experience a change.
Holidays We Are Open
(There are no service interruptions.)
Memorial Day, Monday, May 31, 2021
Independence Day (observed), Monday, July 05, 2021
Labor Day Monday, September 06, 2020
Christmas Day (observed), Friday, December 24, 2021
New Years Day (observed), Friday, December 31, 2021
Holidays We Are Closed
(See below for any service interruptions.)
Independence Day, Sunday, July 04, 2021
Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25, 2021
Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25, 2021
New Years Day, Saturday, January 1, 2021
Thanksgiving Week 2021 Waste Pickup Schedule
Metro Waste office will be closed Thursday, November 25, 2021 for the Thanksgiving Holiday. The office will reopen on Friday, November 26th at 8am.
If your service day is on:
- Monday, Nov 22nd: No changes. If you have Twice Weekly Service this will be your ONLY service day this week.
- Tuesday, Nov 23rd: No changes.
- Wednesday, Nov 24th: No changes.
- Thursday, Nov 25th: We will be closed to observe Thanksgiving Day. If you have Once Weekly Service, your collection will move to Saturday, Nov 27th. If you have Twice Weekly Service, Monday, Nov 22nd, will be your ONLY service day this week.
- Friday, Nov 26th: No changes.
Please have trash containers out on curbside by 6:00am.